Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Snacks on the other side of the World

Hi there today I will be comparing small snacks between the U.S. and Germany. Last time I talked about how the American and Vietnamese version of stir fry are similar.

The first thing I notice when eating the foods over in Germany was that basically everything there had less ingredients. For example, there was less sugar and less salt. Over all it tasted bland at first because I was use to the food back home but then at the same time it tasted better without that other stuff. After wards, when I went back home it took me so long to get use to the food again because of all the different ingredients we have in our foods.

We will start off with a few popular items, which will mainly be about dessert. For example, brownies, ice cream, candy, and cake. As I had mentioned earlier in the text was about how all there dessert did not have as much sugar as we do. Or it tasted like there was not any at all. Just imagine all these foods without that sweet and tangy flavor. The brownies I had were very fluffy and weak, it reminded me of dark chocolate and I do not like dark chocolate. Next was ice cream and I tried all sort of flavors from strawberry to chocolate chip. The strawberry one did not have the chunk of strawberry in them and the chocolate chip had mini chocolate pieces in it. The most popular one is spaghetti ice where it really looks like spaghetti. The sweetest of them all was the cappuccino one, that one I knew had a lot of sugar in it. On to candy, majority of the time I only had chocolate. They are famous for there Haribo which the gummy bears and you can really taste the different flavor for each color. Last but not least are the cakes, I had only tried two kinds which were fruit cake and black forest. When I was eating the fruit cake it felt like I was just eating fruit that was put together in a pretty display. I could not taste the filling and batter. With the black forest one they added one ingredient and everywhere I went they had it. Was that they put alcohol in it and they put a lot. That was all that I could taste, it was tart and strong. I could only take one or two bites and then I was done because I thought it tasted that bad.

It was the best desserts I have ever had and wish I could go back to Germany. Next time I will be talking about a meal and what how it is prepared. For now you should go out and buy some dessert for yourself and think about how it taste and what it is made up of. If it comes in a box, look to see if it tells you the ingredients. Read what it says and think about how it taste to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment